Monday, September 14, 2015

Mr. Grey to a Tea

Everything is so fast-moving in these modern times. It can be difficult for a hiraether, such as myself, to just sit and enjoy a moment or two.

It seems there's no more waiting for quality productivity, just instantaneous quantity. I'm still trying to figure out how folks can live like this in these modern times.

Where is the pride? Where is the craftsmanship?

It's amazing how far inventions and machinery has come. You don't see much steam used nowadays. A bit disappointing, really. The beauty seems to be missing; streamline has replaced steamline. The aesthetic is just gone. Anything for hidden fancy-schmancy that no one can lay their eyes on unless you are fully aware with the inner workings of the streamline.

With all the fast motion of any given day, there is no longer much time to just sit and enjoy even a wonderfully made cup of tea or a luscious cup of coffee.

I wanted to change that today. There seemed to be a delightful lull in the time, so I got the lovely opportunity to pause to brew some lovely liquid gold.

The brew of choice is tea: Earl Grey: hot. A touch of honey and splash of milk is perfect with the aroma of the bergamot cologne of Earl Grey.

Staying cold in my fancy, streamlined refrigerator (because steam doesn't seem appropriate to run it either - pity) was a cup of some seasonally-current, Autumn goodness of a yogurt flavored as a fluffy pumpkin pie cheesecake. I so happen to have some graham crackers, so I divvied up the pumpkiny fluff onto 4 of the cracker squares, then sprinkling each of them with a bit of a pumpkin pie spice mixture. They became these overly-easy, streamlined, instantaneous lack of craftsmanship to become these deliciously pie-like cookies. A perfect pairing with the tea of Mr. Grey.





The cup & saucer ended up in my possession after a silly gift game, several years ago. The creamer pitcher was from some of my grandmother's travels, and a teapot I was handed. The spoon is from a family set, and the plate is a simple one I found for a gathering.

I got to take in the lull of some mundane time, spiced with the flavors of Autumn, as well as the bergamot scent of Earl Grey.

And, though, Mr. Grey was included - it was just the aroma, the flavor. Other than that, it was a well-crafted teatime for one. And I got to be this tea girl for just a spot of an afternoon in Possum Trot.

No comments:

Post a Comment