Monday, September 7, 2015

Hiraether Living

Greetings from Possum Trot. My name (in the steampunk realm) is Lady T'luluh Poulpé. Very charmed to meet you.

I consider myself a hiraether, and live in this "tiny town."




What is a hiraether?
I am so glad you asked.

A Hiraeth is one who is homesick for somewhere they've never been or somewhere they can never return. I feel this way about the aether of Steampunkia. If you have a hiraeth in the aether, you have a hiraether. That's me.


Where is Possum Trot?
I am so glad you asked.

There is a Possum Trot in the modern times, but a large city passed over using the moniker back in 1800's. Though it worked out well for the very large city, as of these modern times, I have chosen to live in the slightly-twisted history & chose to settle in Possum Trot. Even if I must leave this place, you can take this hiraether out of Possum Trot, but you can't take the Possum Trot out of this hiraether.

I have an cephalopod named Carlow McKcraic'n. Some see him as my pet, but he's more like my sidekick. However, he will only show up occasionally. My octopus is a bit camera shy.

We are just trying to live steampunkily in these seemingly modern times. We take in modern day adventures, or even just the mundane, but from the perspective of the steampunk realm.

Welcome to our corner of the iAether/eAether. I hope to be sharing some ways of pulling in an era of the past for some nostalgia to break up the insanity of our current century.

So glad you stopped by. Glad to meet your acquaintance & hope we meet again in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment